‘Bloody massacres’: Syria Appeals to UN after French & US Airstrikes ‘kill over 140 civilians’

“The French unjust aggression claimed the lives of more than 120 civilians,” Syrian Foreign Ministry wrote

Syria is demanding the UN take action after it says French war planes killed more than 120 civilians during airstrikes on Tuesday near the Turkish-Syrian border. The deaths came just a day after US air assaults killed a further 20 people in Manbij.

The Syrian Foreign Ministry sent letters to the UN secretary general and to the president of the UN Security Council, which at present is Japan.

Damascus wants the organization to look into atrocities committed by France, which is a member of the US-led international coalition, after it targeted the village of Toukhan Al-Kubra, located near the Turkish-Syrian border and the city of Manbij.

“The French unjust aggression claimed the lives of more than 120 civilians, most of them are children, women and elderly, in addition to tens of wounded citizens, the majority of them are also children and women as reports say that the fate of scores of other civilians who still under debris are unknown too,” the Syrian Foreign Ministry wrote, as cited by the Syrian Arab News Agency.

The mass death toll in Toukhan Al-Kubra came just a day after US war planes killed around 20 people, mainly women and children, while many more were injured in and around the city of Manbij, the Foreign Ministry states.

“The government of the Syrian Arab Republic condemns, with the strongest terms, the two bloody massacres perpetrated by the French and US warplanes and those affiliated to the so-called international coalition which send their missiles and bombs to the civilians instead of directing them to the terrorist gangs… Syria also affirms that those who want to combat terrorism seriously should coordinate with the Syrian government and army,” the ministry added.

In the letter, the Syrian Foreign Ministry added that it condemns the continued support by the US, France, Saudi Arabia, the UK and Qatar to terrorist organizations such as Al-Nusra Front and Jaish Al-Islam, despite these groups having clear links to Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and Al-Qaeda.

The human rights watchdog Amnesty International also hit out at the US-led coalition, saying that it needs to do more to prevent the deaths of civilians.

“Anyone responsible for violations of international humanitarian law must be brought to justice and victims and their families should receive full reparation,” Amnesty’s interim Middle East director Magdalena Mughrabi said, as cited by Reuters.

A spokesman for the US Department of Defense says that it is aware of the loss of civilian life in Syria.

“We are aware of reports alleging civilian casualties near Manbij, Syria, recently. As with any allegation we receive, we will review any information we have about the incident,” Matthew Allen said in a statement.

“We take all measures during the targeting process to avoid or minimize civilian casualties or collateral damage and to comply with the principles of the Law of Armed Conflict,” he added.

The US-led coalition has been providing air support to the rebel group the Syrian Arab Coalition, which is involved in heavy fighting around the city of Manbij, currently under the control of Islamic State.

The terrorist group has been in control of the city since it seized large swathes of Syria and Iraq in the summer of 2014.

In an interview with NBC News last week, Syrian President Bashar Assad said that the US is not interested in defeating terrorists in Syria as it really wants “to control and use them.”

“The reality is telling that, since the beginning of the American airstrikes, terrorism has been expanding and prevailing,” he told the channel, specifying that “during the American and alliance airstrikes, ISIS was expanding and taking over new areas in Syria.”

“It’s about being serious, having the will. The United States doesn’t have the will to defeat the terrorists. It had the will to control them and to use them as a card, like they did in Afghanistan. That will reflect on the military aspect of the issue,” Assad said.

Advertisements

Report: German Government Covered Up Terror Attack at Soccer Stadium

Witnesses told not to talk about discovery of bombs

German authorities covered up the fact that explosives were found during an attempted terror attack at a soccer stadium earlier this week, according to an eyewitness who was told to keep quiet about what he saw.

Bild newspaper has published the testimony of a paramedic who saw an explosive device in an ambulance before the Germany vs Netherlands game which was canceled on Tuesday night after French intelligence tipped off German authorities about an impending attack involving three bombs to be detonated at the stadium and another two at a bus stop and a train station.

Authorities later claimed that no explosives were found, but the paramedic says he witnessed the bomb and was “told not to talk about it” after special forces arrived on the scene.

Three police officers have also reportedly been disciplined for leaking information about the alleged discovery of the bombs.

German authorities may have decided to conceal the fact that the explosives were found in order to prevent panic amongst the fans who had gathered around the stadium before the match.

However, given that German police have been caught covering up rapes and other crimes involving migrants flooding into the country via the wave of refugees in order to not legitimize critics of the migrant influx, could the decision to cover-up the discovery of the bombs have been made under a similar justification?

The cell that planned to detonate the explosives reportedly consisted of five people.

After last week’s massacre in Paris, it was confirmed that at least three of the jihadists linked to the plot had exploited the migrant crisis in order to slip into Europe, including the alleged mastermind behind the attacks Abdelhamid Abaaoud.

Abaaoud bragged about being able to travel freely throughout Europe without being intercepted by authorities, telling Dabiq magazine, “My name and picture were all over the news yet I was able to stay in their homeland, plan operations against them and leave safely when doing so became necessary.”

Ahmad Almohammad, the first Stade de France suicide bomber, also used a fake Syrian passport to sneak into Europe via Greece by posing as an asylum seeker.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71

*********************

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor at large of Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com.

French Mayor Forced Into Mental Institution For ‘Islamophobic’ Comments?

Robert Chardon reportedly committed to psychiatric ward after Twitter outburst
French Mayor Forced Into Mental Institution For 'Islamophobic' Comments?

by Paul Joseph Watson | May 19, 2015


If this story turns out to be accurate, it appears as though the spirit of “Je Suis Charlie” is very much dead in France.

A French Mayor was reportedly committed to a mental institution against his will after he posted ‘Islamophobic’ comments on Twitter.

The story began when Robert Chardon, mayor of the southern French town of Venelles, became embroiled in a Twitter debate with former French president Nicolas Sarkozy.

Chardon insisted that France “ban the Muslim faith in France” and instead “promote the practice of the Christian faith.”

While Chardon’s remarks may be seen as bigoted and offensive to many, what reportedly happened next was infinitely more shocking.

A translated version of an AFP story states that Chardon was “forcibly hospitalized” as a result of “incoherent statements” made on Twitter.

Press reports about Chardon’s comments in English-language media contained no details of Chardon being detained in a psychiatric ward.

Local officials subsequently denied the AFP report and claimed that Chardon had been hospitalized for cancer treatment, although the mayor had been undergoing such treatment for months.

The AFP story said that Chardon had been committed to the mental institution “by someone close to him for reasons of incoherent statements.”

Selwyn Duke sums up the chilling prospect of Chardon being forcibly detained over his political beliefs.

“One tactic Soviet-bloc countries would use to stifle dissidents was involuntary confinement to mental institutions. After all, you have to be crazy to oppose state ideology, right? Now, though, 26 years after the Berlin Wall’s fall comes a similar shocking story — from well west of where the wall stood.”

While those who disparage or merely criticize the religion of Islam are finding themselves under increasing scrutiny in Europe, some countries are extending political correctness to the point of directly aiding ISIS jihadists.

At least 32 Danish citizens who are fighting alongside Islamic State terrorists in Syria have received welfare unemployment benefits of around 378,000 kroner (US$57,000) each.

Meanwhile, in Sweden, some politicians are calling for ISIS terrorists to be reintegrated into society and given jobs – at taxpayer expense – upon their return from Iraq and Syria.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet

*********************

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor at large of Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com.